Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 19: Up 1/4 pd - Struggled today to stay on track

I seem to be okay now, but today was a struggle from the moment I woke up.  Wanting to quit this 30 day juice fast had nothing to do with my weight gain.  I'm wise enough to know that it just my body adjusting.  Or Mrs. Feeley (my scale) teaching me a lesson in patience again.

I just want to crunch something something besides chipped ice.  Or I'd like to bite into something spongy like an Angel Food Cake.  How great would that be?  And the thing is, when I am not fasting and I can eat anything I want, I've never bought or made an Angel Food Cake on my own.  Right now it's all I can think about.

I just want to stop being the good girl, following the rules and believing in what I have been told about juicing.  Being a good girl is not easy for me.  Except for being a semi-good wife, it's not something I am use to being.  I have always been a rebel, needing to make up my own mind about every single thing.  I set my own rules.  And like the history of attempts to diet, that has rarely been successful and often filled with regrets. Yet, by now I know that I am just being me.

Maybe that is why this plan is working for me.  I decided to set me aside, and listen completely to someone else.  I owe both Joe Cross and Phil Staples from Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead big time. I became such a fan of both men, that I allowed myself to actually listen for a change.  I'd  heard about juice fasting for a long time.  We've owned a Champion juicer for 20 years and a Breville juicer for three.  We used each about once a year.  But I needed to watch someone achieve spectacular results from juicing. For me, seeing is believing.

And now amazingly, I believe in myself. Even on the rough days with a gain.

Day 18: juicing like a political independent/ .2 pound gain/ 17 .8 pounds lost

Quote for the day:  "Before you quit, try." Ernest Hemingway.

Pat Dennis
Author
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
Anne Frasier's Deadly Treats 
and more

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I am enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate! I too am a rebel. Hang in there ... you are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete