Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 12: Lost .6 and The War of Samples

Yep, I had to go to Costco again and it was me against an array of delectables that would have made Kate Moss decide to become a Plus Size model.  But, instead of gobbling any down, I took notes. What did I walk away from? Tortilla crusted tilapia, grilled zucchini souffle, honey BBQ chicken wings, spinach artichoke Parmesan dip with bread, Jack Daniels pulled chicken on a bun, organic creamy tomato basil soup, butternut squash ravioli, Cheddar potato soup, quinoa & rice, Chex Mix, Caramel Wafers, Kashi bars, oats and honey granola bar.

Before my fast, I would shop at Costco perhaps twice a month.  Now with juicing, I have to make the trek every few days.  But it's not only samples I have to battle.  I adore their $1.59 polish sausage and all-you-can-drink beverage deal.  Where can you get lunch for that price?  Or a meal-size snack?  Or a snack between meal-sized snacks? The polish sausage is also wonderfully steamy and extra large. I'd measure it for you, but I have enough of a reputation now at Costco without adding to it.

Briefly, I thought of purchasing every item to have when my 30 days ended.  But,  I'm not allowing myself to fantasize about any cuisine - good or bad - that I will have once I am back on solid foods.  I think that's what got me into trouble after my last fast.  I kept telling myself, "You can have that when you're through juicing."  And, I did.  Many times over.  This time I will not fantasize about food, just like I won't fantasize about Daniel Craig.  Okay, maybe I will fantasize about Craig.  But an addiction to food is bad for me.  An addiction to Daniel Craig gets my heart racing. Consider it aerobics. I do.

Day 12:  Juicing like a mad woman/15.6 pounds lost

Quote for the day:  "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure.  I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Pat Dennis
Author
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
and more

No comments:

Post a Comment