Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 17: Gained .4 pounds! And guess what? No big deal

It really isn't.  During my previous JF I had several days when I gained weight, and many days when I platued.  My body is just adjusting and for some reason decided to maintain some of the 84 ounces of juice I drink daily.  The amount I consume is pretty darn close to a gallon of liquid, which weighs 8 pounds. I am just happy the scale didn't register more.

I have not alway been this rational about a weight gain, especially while dieting.  Normally, I'd take it as a sign that the diet isn't working. Especially if I'd been on it as long as say, 24 hours.  Even a 2 ounce gain would move me to tears. I would start sputtering on the unfairness of life, why is it that other people can eat whatever they want, and yada, yada, yada.

What happens when I am not on any sort of a weight loss program?  I'd often be thrilled with only a  2 ounce gain when I'd finally found the courage to step on the scale. Or even if it were a three or four pound gain, I'd be relieved it wasn't more. In fact, I would be so relieved, I wouldn't bother to do anything about the weight gain.  In fact, I'd usually celebrate by going out to eat.

Maybe I am just too old now to create drama around my weight issues.  Or maybe at this late age, I have finally grown up.  Whatever the reason, I am so glad I am not freaking out over a couple of crummy ounces.  They will be gone, soon enough.  And the last time I checked my mailbox Playboy hadn't written, asking me to pose.  Besides, tomorrow is not only a new day but a new year.  It doesn't get better than that.

Day 16:  Totally juicing/ .4 pound gain / 16.6 total loss

Quote for the day:  "Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself."  George Bernard Shaw

Pat Dennis
Author
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
Anne Frasier's Deadly Treats 
and more

No comments:

Post a Comment