Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 5: Still Lazy After All These Years

I have to work tonight by entertaining at a Lion's Club in small town Minnesota.  It's a good job, actually, but it will keep me up late.  I worry about posting early, because the day isn't over.  I've already turned down my client's kind offer of food when I arrive.  I usually pig out after a show, the stress of performing still haunts me.  Or if I "bomb" I pig out even more.  There's nary a mini-mart in the midwest that doesn't have my face on their security cams.

I eat when I'm stressed, when I'm happy, when I'm sad. I guess I am saying I eat.  That's why this juicing is so much easier.  It allows me  few options.  Every morning I make a 20 ounce glass of fruit juice - grapefruit, oranges, pineapple and mangoes all go in the mix.  It is wonderful.  Then around ten a.m. I make 64 ounces of green juice - kale, spinach, carrots, ginger, green apples, celery and whatever is lying around.  I drink that for the rest of the day and night, sipping it through a straw. I find that limiting my choices in the number of times I juice a day works for me. I don't like to work a lot, and the process of juicing is  time consuming.

But then, I'm not very good with too many choices in any area of my life.  I am not only ADD but dyslexic. An okay combination for a comic but a continual obstacle for the author in me.  Or should I say em.

I have discovered that I am only ten pounds more than when I ended my first 60 day fast.  I should loose that ten easily by New Year's Eve, if  I stay with juicing.  I have never been on a diet that lets me loose pounds as quickly as juicing does.  Plus, I didn't gain the weight back immediately.  I stayed the same for the first three weeks. It wasn't until I started eating too much that the weight piled back on.

Why is it so hard for me, and for most overweight people, to understand that weight gain is about the food?  It's not about our moms, it's not about the guy who dumped us, it's not about about the people at work. It's about calories and probably about ingesting low glycemic foods. That's it.

So send me good vibes please, that I "break a leg"  at my show.  I may not be playing Vegas, but thank God I'm working.

Day 5:  Still juicing, feeling a bit more energetic.

Quote for the day is one I created: "Loose the blame to loose the weight." by Pat Dennis   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment