Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 14: Zero weight loss today! Stalls Happen!

Okay, it was bound to happen -  a day when the scale didn't show me how wonderful I was becoming.  Instead, Mrs. Feeley told me that my body needed to take a breather from the stress of losing weight. (Yes, I named my scale.  Why? Because it's harder to hate someone or something that you've personalized.  Mrs. Feeley was my favorite grade school teacher.  She once told me I had beautiful brown cow eyes, right before sending me out to stand in the hallway for talking too much in class.)

And because Mrs. Feeley is a digital scale, I didn't jump up and down on it in disgust.  I didn't hold it in the air and shake it. I just accepted it as "No big deal".  I am still going to continue juice fasting for two more weeks and two days.  I am still going to be positive.  And just like in school, I will forget what Mrs. Feeley said in a matter of minutes.  I use to be intimidated by the scale and getting on it could depress me for an entire day. But now that I've named it,  it doesn't bother me as much.  It's become a person to me.  And a person can disappoint, help, love or encourage you.  But in the end, it is how you keep your end of the bargain with that person that counts.  Right now I am fasting to lose weight.  Eventually, Mrs. Feeley will have to agree.

But if this stall lasts too long, I just may set an apple on top of her.  Just in case.

Day 14: Still Juicing/16 pounds lost


Quote for the day:  "What if The Hokey Pokey Is All It Really is About?" Jimmy Buffet

Pat Dennis
Author
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
and more

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Feeley, like a good teacher, is always challenging you. And I suppose in a way is critiquing every day. Were it me, I would grow to hate her. I would rationalize with her, tell her she's inhuman, there's more to life than just numbers, and what kind of an example is she setting by letting people walk all over her...

    Can you see why I've had weight issues all my life??

    ReplyDelete