Thursday, January 5, 2012

DAY 22: 1.2 Pds Lost/20 Total!!!/ Feeling Great

I am psyched that I hit the 20 pound weight loss.  My mood is high, even though today was a stressful day filled with appointments. My glee may be because of a last minute comedy show offered to me for next Friday evening.  The last night of my fast I will not be worrying about being able to stay on the plan until the stroke of midnight.  Instead, I will be worrying about making people laugh.  Trust me on this. Comedy is hard, but juicing is harder.

I like doing these last minute shows.  It's kind of like the entertainment committee couldn't make up their mind between paying for another cheese tray or hiring a comic.  I don't feel as pressured to be funny, because I haven't had months to mull the upcoming show over.  Many of my performance contracts are a year in advance.  For a chronic worrier, that is hell.

I think my worrying was one of the reasons I gained so much weight.  I needed something to ease the anxiety I was always feeling.  Even as a young child, I fretted and feared. I didn't need a horror story to scare me. I scared me.  But one of the things that I have liked about this juice fasting is that I am not worried at all about my weight loss.  I know it will happen.  Just like I knew as a kid not to go into the basement.

Day 21:  juicing with a smile/ Lost 1.2 /total loss 20 pds

Quote for the day:  "Sometimes you just need to take a nap and get over it." Maura Stuard, Age 8

Pat Dennis
Corporate entertainer and author:
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
Anne Frasier's Deadly Treats 
The Silence of the Loons
Resort To Murder
Once Upon a Crime Anthology and more

No comments:

Post a Comment