Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 23 .8 pds lost/20.8 total/ Can't fit into an outfit properly!

And this time it is because it is way, way too big.  My trusty black velvet performance ensemble that has seen me through multiple sizes is no longer wearable.  I have lost enough weight that the once tight elastic waistband now droops down on my hips.  If I thought there was a chance I would become a rapper, I'd keep them.  But, as far as I know, there is no interest in hip hop artists who show their grannie panties.

I needed this boost today, as I do every day.  The monotony of my diet is mind-numbing at times.  And there is always temptation lurking around every corner.  Everywhere I look these days, there seems to be food.  Even at the library, someone next to me was quietly munching on a Snickers bar.  If my addiction were alcohol, I'd avoid bars until I could handle being in one.  Facing my addiction to food means confronting the issue everywhere.  There is no escape.  So basically, even morning when I wake up, I  put on my imaginary suit of armor and  'woman-up' to face the world.

After I finish this 30 day fast, I will own up to how much more I would like to lose, and how much I lost on both juice fasts.  I feel bad that I haven't posted before and midway after pictures, but I am waiting until the end.  When I fasted the first time, I found many YouTube videos of folks who followed Joe and Phil's example and were doing a 60 day fast. They uploaded daily, and I watched them every single day.  For a change, I really believed them when they inevitably said, "If I can do this, anybody can this."

And believe me when I say this :  If I can do this fast two times, much less doing it once, anyone can do it.  In fact, anyone can do almost anything.

Day 22: still juicing/ .8 pds lost today/ 20.8 pds total

Quote for the day:  "All our dreams come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney.


Pat Dennis
Corporate entertainer and author:
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
Anne Frasier's Deadly Treats 
The Silence of the Loons
Resort To Murder
Once Upon a Crime Anthology and more

No comments:

Post a Comment