Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 30: Down -1.2/-25.8 total LAST DAY OF MY JUICE FAST!!!!

Whoppie!  I made my twenty-five pound lost goal.  My next goal is to lose an additional 29 pounds and I will weigh what I did in the 80s. In fact, since I no longer have the 80s Big Hair look and the weight of the twelve tons of hairspray it took to achieve it, I will actually be a little smaller than the scale shows.

I have additional weight to lose, but not that much.  In fact, if I lose the 29 pounds, I would be in the Overweight range on the BMI charts, not classified as obese, or morbidly obese as I was at my highest point.  And for me, that's good enough for now.  In fact, it will be fantastic.

But the loss I have achieved so far has made my life so much easier.  I carry all of my weight in my belly. At my highest, it was almost impossible to fit behind a steering wheel.  I couldn't walk up more than one flight of stairs without panting.  I couldn't walk around the block.  I actually found size 4X's when I search my clothing this past week for Salvation Army donations.  

Now I can easily walk an hour on the treadmill.  I bound up and down the stairs.  By Spring, I will have to buy an entirely new wardrobe.  And I won't have to do it at a plus-size clothing store.  (But God Bless them for existing.  Roamans, Catherines, and Lane Bryant understand that big girls do like style and color!)

In fact, the next addiction I may have to face might be a shopping addiction.  I've never been a shopper, preferring to grab things at a yard sale, thrift store, or online.  But, I've never been able to shop with ease, either.  Every potential purchase was filled with anxiety.  Will the garment fit? Will I  have to move up a size?  Will I look ridiculous?  Can a heavy women wear this?  And eventually, maybe I could get this in black?

I think I'll go for that Betty White look in her show Hot In Cleveland -- comfortable, casual cotton pastel jogging suits with a hoodie , complete with lots of rhinestones and sparkly things.  In fact, I've already ordered my BeDazller.  But, that's just what us senior women learn to do. We decorate our bodies and finally admit, there's just no time to iron.

Day 30:  Last day of only juice/Down 1.2 /-25.8 total Loss

Quote for the day:  "Gardens are not made by sitting in the shade." Rudyard Kipling

Pat Dennis
Corporate comedian and author:
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Stand-Up and Die
Anne Frasier's Deadly Treats 
and more

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Pat on the wonderful, personal victory!!! You must be so proud of yourself. Cheers to health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. BTW, I love your photography. Amazing.

      Delete