Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 11: Another Pound Loss - Thanks Santa

Or whoever, or whatever is helping me to be focused and committed to this 30 day juice fast.

Normally, today would have been a day to stuff myself with a myriad of excuses and food.  But instead we watched a few movies ("Friends With Benefits" and "A Christmas Movie").  I called some very good friends. We skyped our brother-in-law in England.  I was finally able to see his lovely wife and daughters.  I tinkered around in my office. I listened to my audio book. And, I didn't gain any weight.  In fact, I probably lost a bit.

I couldn't think of a better present that I could have given myself than a holiday where I wasn't feeling guilty because I overate.  If I were a normal weight and not severely obese, trust me, I wouldn't feel any shame in overeating at Christmas.  But being this much overweight and doing that to my self, it's like shooting my self with a sugar bullet.

But, I did well today. And I am feeling good.

I hope your holiday was as good as mine.

DAY 11 :  Yep, still juicing /Weight Loss 15 pounds

Quote for the day:    "You have no cause for today for anything but gratitude and joy." - Buddha, via my friend and creative coach Kim Hines

Pat Dennis
Author
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
and more

1 comment:

  1. Pat,
    I enjoy reading your posts. You definitely have a way with words which tintillate the "gustatory" senses–like sugar bullet.

    Even though I have yet to start on my juice diet (juicer hasn't arrived), I am prepping myself mentally. Believe it or not, your posts are helping with this prep.

    Keep writing. You have the writing gift.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete