Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 9: Why I like to juice fast.

I like to juice fast because the weight comes off quickly. I would swear on a stack of bibles that for the last decade I have not be able to lose any substantial amount of weight on any diet program.  From Weight Watchers to Atkins.  I would lose a few pounds and then stall for days, or weeks, with hardly a pound gone to show for it.  So when I started to juice fast, after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, I had little hope.  But, like I've written I vowed to stick with it no matter what for 60 days.  The results were amazing, just like they are now. Tomorrow I will post my stats, and then start posting them on a daily basis.  But tonight I just want to write about how grateful I am to have discovered this program.

On Dr. Oz's show yesterday he said that research has shown that losing weight really quickly has now been proven to be healthier for the obese patient.  I would agree.  The emotional high I get from losing weight this quickly, is just phenomenal.  The emotional lows I would get from looking at a scale, week after week with no results was devastating.  I always felt so much heavier  - with burden - every time I got off the scale.  Plus, I know I can stick to this for 30 days.  I don't know if I could do WW or Atkins for 4 months straight - which is the time it would take me to lose the same amount of weight that I do on this in a month.

On my 60 day fast I did stall and it was frustrating.  Sometimes 3 or even four days would go by before I lost weight.  Then I would drop 2 or 3 pounds overnight.  This time it has been a great first ten days, better than even my last fast when I was much heaver.

So, all in all, I am feeling very hopeful and happy.  Hope you are as well.

DAY :  Still Juicing/ Feeling very energetic.

Quote for the day:  "We must be willing to let go of the life have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." Joseph Campbell

Pat Dennis
Author
Hotdish To Die For
Hotdish Haiku
Who Died In Here?
Stand-Up and Die
and more

And always remember check with your doctor before going on any diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment